Monday, March 22, 2010

Bogart English Fan Club


The Bogart English Fan Club came into existence because I sent a letter to Warner Bros Studios, asking if they could furnish me with the address of the fan club in England. I knew there was one in Canada, and of course the U.S. My letter was forwarded to the Bogart’s secretary. In her reply she informed me there wasn’t a club in England. Although I was only a teenager, I wrote back and asked if I could start a club. Before long I received a letter from her saying Bogart had given his permission, I don’t think my feet touched the ground. In no time I was up and running. From this point on, every enquiry Bogart’s secretary received, she would send on to me, which really helped to build our membership. I ran the fan club until 1950 and at its peak we had around 80 members. On latter postings will be some of the letters I received from Kathie Sloan, Bogart's secretary.

No comments:

Post a Comment