Friday, April 9, 2010

Kathy Sloan - Bogart's Secretary

Everytime Kathy Sloan (Bogart's secretary ) would write to me with matters concerning the English Fan Club, she would enclose a really personal photo of Bogie, either taken in their home or garden. She always made little notations on the back of each one. I never met her, but she seemed like a very nice lady, and told me about her young son. He was about 11 when we first started corresponding. In Lauren Bacall's book "By Myself ", she mentions that after Bogart died, nearly all of his clothes were given to Kathie Sloan's son. Anyway, I hope you enjoy looking at these treasured photos.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting read. Came across your blog by pure luck. I'm Michael Sloan, Kathy's grandson, and I just met Ms. Bacall this spring at the late Natasha Richardson's tribute in NYC. Her eyes glazed over when I mentioned Kathy's name to her. My father, the boy you mention also has a collection of similar photos, although the clothes are long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michael, Thank you for your comment. It was a great surprise. I still treasure all the letters your grand mother sent to me, and I often wonder what she did after Mr Bogart died.
    I live about 30 mins drive from Benedict Cyn and Mapleton Drive. I go to New York for Xmas every year, my son lives one block from Lauren Bacall. I hope you will write again. I would really like to hear more about Kathy. My email is nelliesteen@yahoo.com
    I did send a previous email, but I am not sure it went through. Thanks, Nellie

    ReplyDelete